Dr. Elizabeth O’Leary is the founder of “Capital Medical Acupuncture”. Their first aim is to ensure that all appropriate modes of Western Medical care have been applied to your problem and that the use of acupuncture is the best treatment for your condition at the time of consultation. Acupuncture treatment facilitates healing. This will usually involve 4 – 10 treatment sessions. A lifelong condition, such as migraine, may require a series of treatments with gradually increasing periods between appointments.
What conditions can be treated?
The Chinese and many other cultures have relied on acupuncture for healing for thousands of years. So most conditions have recognized forms of treatment. High-level research evidence exists for the effectiveness of acupuncture in a variety of conditions, but especially for:
- Chronic pain conditions,
- Back and neck pain,
- Chronic headache and shoulder pain.
Acupuncture is also commonly used for the treatment of:
- Musculoskeletal injuries, e.g. tennis elbow, RSI, plantar fasciitis, and shoulder injuries
- Gastrointestinal problems, e.g. irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
- Gynecological conditions, including the enhancement of fertility, and
- Anxiety and depression, insomnia, and for
- Hay fever prevention.