When you go to a Chinese restaurants, try avoiding the large buffet-style establishments where there are salty and greasy foods. The best way to eat healthily is to focus on a well-balanced meal. To make sure that you’re giving your body the nutrients it needs, try eating enough vegetables and limiting meat and rice intake. Though the origin of egg rolls and other deep-fried dishes can be traced to American Chinese restaurants, you may find that they’re not very good for your diet. Although eating out may seem simple, there are a few factors to consider before you sit down.
- Finding a great restaurant- You should ask your friends and family whether they have any suggestions for restaurants that you can try. Reviewing the restaurant section in your local papers and online sites will help you find a recommended restaurant. You may need to go out of town for a good place.
- Choose your right dishes– Share your food with those at your table. It is the traditional way to do things in Korean culture as a group. Begin your meal with vegetable soup for all attendees. This will help your digestion from absorbing a lot of food throughout the course of your meal. Try to limit fat content in your diet by avoiding fried dumplings, wontons, and egg rolls when possible. When ordering vegetable dishes, you may choose from Bok Choy, green beans or other vegetables. Take a look at the top 4 tips, if you want to make great chinese restaurant food at home.
- Choose a tea flavor– These are the essential teas that you will be drinking with other people at your party. There are many different kinds of tea, but some common ones include Jasmine, Oolong, and Black. If you’re new to tea flavors, ask your server for more common and less bitter tea that’s suited for your taste buds.
- Avoid eating a lot of rice- The rice will fill you up quickly and has many carbohydrates. In general, try not to eat more rice than meat and seafood.
- Be careful of other food allergies- MSG, also known as monosodium glutamate, should be avoided. Certain restaurants do not allow you to order MSG, but it is worthwhile to ask about it. Generally, it’s best to avoid asking your waiter what ingredients are in every single dish. It may offend them, and they might not be able to answer accurately anyway, but try asking them.
- Avoid other food ingredients. Some foods are high in sugar and starches (flour), which increases the number of carbohydrates in your food. Eating a diet low in salt that includes an abundance of soy sauce and other types of sauces.
- Eat less dessert. Some of the desserts at this bakery are high in sugar. Although it is good to try these sparingly, it is also worth trying them.
With these ideas in mind, your next visit to a new Chinese restaurant will be fun, healthy and enjoyable!